Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sprink Break cont!

On Wednesday we all headed south to Bakersfield. We went to meeting at Scott and Shelli Hill's and Grant, Kelley, Holden, and I spent the night there. Thursday morning Grant and Kelley headed east to Las Vegas while Dad, Mom, and Rob headed south to L.A. and then north to Boise. I spent the rest of the week with the Hill's for some precious vacation time.

On Friday we took a short road trip to San Luis Obispo. We stayed in Avila Beach at a motel just a hop skip and jump from the beach. The town had to be rebuilt in the last couple of years because of an oil spill so it has become more of a tourist area than it used to be.

This is the motel where we stayed. Just a block away was the Hula Hut where they made fresh scones and coffee cake every morning. Saturday morning Lexi and I woke up early, snuck out for scones, and then ate them on the beach.


This is the view from our balcony. I could have sat out here all night and listened to the waves, at least until the storm blew in.

Next time we go, we will have to stay here at the Apple Farm. Mom would have sooo much fun. Its like staying at a tea house.

No comments: